Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gratitude, A New Blog Series, & Simple Solutions

Wow!  There must be something in the air as my May calendar has been packed with meetings and projects.  Thank you to all of my lovely clients!  I’m humbled and honored to be asked to be a part of the process of creating the place you call home.  One of you contacted me to help with your new home, after being away from our area for five years.  Welcome back!

For those who might be considering utilizing an interior designer’s services, (perhaps even mine), I’ll have some upcoming posts where I’ll share how this process can be a joyful experience, even through the bumps which can occur, when you are living in the world of custom design.  Expecting HGTV?  No offense, but it’s not on my radar when I create my posts.  However as they say in TV land, stay-tuned!  “A Room at a Time” will debut in June.

Meanwhile, just so I don’t loose your attention, while I’m working on my next series, here’s a quick and simple solution for taking a cubby space and making it magnificent:

By adding corbels, on either side of a built-in desk-top, the design goes from plain to “pow” and it allows for plenty of extra leg room, too.  Even the closet door benefits from some applied molding.  Trim details can take a box of a space and add a distinctive personality.  For those who do like fast results, this might be a great place to start!

Experience . . .  the best about design! ©  . . . Wanda

7 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love that room, Wanda! I like everything about it and good tip on using things like corbels. I'm glad to hear you are so busy! Hope you are well.

Tammy@InStitches said...

That's a clever way to use the space instead of a window seat ! Very pretty.

tickledred said...

I love the office nook. I look forward to seeing your new series :) Will you have one on how to best utilize small spaces?

Wanda S. Horton - Interior Designer said...

Thank you all for sharing your comments. Kathy - so good to see you here! Tammy, I loved this idea and wanted to share it. Tickledred - that's a great suggestion and I'll add it to my blog article. If you have a particular space in mind, let me know and I'll work on that type. XOXO to all!

Emily A. Clark said...

Hi Wanda,

Just stopping by to say hi. I found your blog through Twitter where I saw HGTV mentioned your's as one to read daily. Congrats!

I'm also in the Charlotte area--in Belmont. Would love for you to visit my design blog, if you have time.

Have a great day.

chateaudelille said...

I just found your blog whilst searching Tiffany Blue Images. I love it. So quickly I have learnt new ideas and i havent surfed very far. I just posted about Tiffany Blue using some pics from the net.So glad to find you, Fiona

Wanda S. Horton - Interior Designer said...

Thank you so much for stopping by, Fiona! I'm so honored to have a visitor as far away as Australia to share a read. I just popped over to your lovely blog and I love your latest post! Please visit with me again! Wanda