What an amazing week this has been! First, I’m blessed to be working on some wonderful interior design projects, but then to my surprise, Maureen Coates of Modecor, a fabulous Canadian interior decorator, (with a beautiful, new blog), bestowed the honor of The Stylish Blogger Award!
Maureen, thank you for the kind honor!
Upon receiving this award, Maureen shared that the rules are to:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pay the award forward to 10 great bloggers.
4. Contact those 10 bloggers and inform them that they have received the award.
(I feel like I just won a little Oscar for blogging!)
I guess it’s my turn to tell you about me and to pay it forward. I’ll try to be brief on the “me” part so I can do the important stuff – pass along the crown!
1. I’m short. I won’t say petite. That makes you think of someone who’s a size two. (I once got into a four and we all know four petites are like a size smaller, right?)
2. I like pretty.
3. I really appreciate good manners of the sincere kind. I think they are the glue which holds society together.
4. I’m a white knuckle flier. It’s an inherited trait. On the other hand, my dear husband once had a summer job, in college, doing aerial photography where he hung out of the back of a crop duster. (I know this is about me and not about him, but I’m still in awe of the fact!) I will get on a plane, but I’ve got to really have a self-talk that every bump doesn’t mean “we’re going down!”.
5. I say “long story short”, a lot, but as you can see from the previous comments, it’s a stretch for me. It’s also an inherited trait or a southern thing. We like to “spin a yarn”.
6. I’m your go-to gal in a crisis. If you are choking, need to go to the emergency room, or your ceiling is falling in, etc., I can hold it together and get you through it. I might have knocking knees, later, but I’ll make sure you’re taken care of.
7. I may need a tissue at the movies or during a Hallmark Card commercial, especially if it involves an animal. I try not to watch reruns of “Old Yeller” or “My Dog Skip” as it’s quite embarrassing. I’ve never seen “Marley and Me”. I care about the environment, too much, and I hear it’s a *two box of Kleenexes* kind of movie.
If you’re still with me, I’ll share some of my favorite design style blogs. A few I’ve been reading, for a while, and others are newer to my list. They are not in any particular order and I’ll try to share a snippet about them. It was a tough assignment to narrow it down to just ten!
Without further adieu, The Stylish Blogger Award goes to:
1. The Adventures of Tartanscot – Designer Scot Meachum Wood brings musings from the design world, peppered with humor. And he does love a good plaid!
(Image from: The Adventures of Tartanscot)
2. Mr. Goodwill Hunting – A stylish South Carolina blogger who shares his tales and photos of his latest treasure hunts from the sartorial to the salon.
(Image from: Mr. Goodwill Hunting)
3. Preston Bailey’s Blog – Not only is he the arbiter of style for exquisite events, he shares some of the most sound business advice, based on his years of experience. It’s nice to hear the perspective of another creative type.
(Image From: Preston Bailey’s Blog)
4. Eddie Ross – I would read this lifestyle and design blog, even if I had not met Eddie and his partner, Jaithan, in person. They just happen to also be lovely people who are extremely talented and are full of ideas!
(Image from: Eddie Ross)
5. The Decorating Diva – Carmen Natschke has one of the most comprehensive sites devoted to all things about interior design. To me, it’s a hybrid between a blog and a magazine and the content is always fresh and updated!
(Image from: The Decorating Diva)
6. The Skirted Roundtable – Pull up a chair and join Megan Arquette, (Beach Bungalow 8), Linda Merrill, (Surroundings), and Joni Webb, (Cote De Texas), for a roundtable of design. Their interviews, with some incredible design talents, always leaves me waiting for the next! (For laypeople and designers, alike.)
7. A Schematic Life – Vancouver interior designer, Michelle Morlan, shares drop-dead beautiful interior details, handily illustrated by hers truly. Design is art!
(Image from: A Schematic Life)
8. Tobi Fairley – Arkansas native and interior designer, Tobi Fairley has always created fresh, clean interiors and her updated blog is the perfect reflection of her unique blend of traditional and modern design. Tobi continues to raise the bar!
(Image from: Tobi Fairley)
9. Scandinavian Kitchens and Designs – Susan Serra, CKD, CAPS, brings beautiful interpretations of Scandinavian design across the pond. Her new line of kitchen and bath furniture, Bornholm Interiors, will be launched at the Architectural Digest show in March of 2011!
(Image from: Scandinavian Kitchen and Designs)
10. A Beautiful Mess – I decided to add a blog, to the list, which is brand-spanking new! Already the ladies, who’ve joined together to create an exciting antiques and interiors store, are creating a big buzz with their blog.
(Image from: A Beautiful Mess Blog)
I guess it’s good to reign myself in or this post could go on and on. (Remember my whole, “long story short” issue in item #5?) I know I’ve left out some fabulous blogs and this is a great reminder for me to begin adding them into my mentions, as I post throughout the year.
As always, thanks for sharing your time! And thank you again, Maureen, for the honor!
Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close-up! (Hee, hee)