Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Apple Green of My Eye

There’s nothing like taking a bite out of a crisp, Granny Smith apple.  My mouth just puckers up at the mere thought of it. 

There’s also nothing like walking into a room bathed in this hue.  It’s pure happiness! 

Lately, I’ve had clients with preferences for more subdued palettes.  I’m going to say a little prayer for someone to let me go a little crazy with color!  Please?

Bold green walls

Better Homes and Gardens features layers of stripes and checks for a cottage relief.

Hello Apple Betty!  A turn-of-the-century, (20th), painted door is connected by the striped rug.  (Pinterest)

All that’s missing are a few friends and some cocktails.  Appletini anyone?  (Design Sponge)

1300_51002

I covet Hooker Furniture’s Candy Green Accent Table!  At 19” in diameter and 26-1/2”high, it meets my need for versatility and can fit in any room in the house. 

Blue and green breakfast nook

Another great room featured in Better Homes and Gardens.  I must be in a full-blown cottage mode!  This one is a seaside escape in Nantucket.  I love the mix of aqua.

Garden Door

I don’t know why but doors and gates fascinate me.  I guess I’m always wondering what surprise might be behind them.  The ironwork, at the top, gives a glimpse into a garden spot.  (Pretty Picture)

And lest you think this is all about “cute” . . . Pretty sexy, yes?  (House-to-Home)

Okay, I’m bowing my head and sending this out to those of you who adore something a little more ‘tart’!

Ring me, okay?  ~ Wanda

6 comments:

Michele said...

The curtain trim in the first photo is to die for! And I love the mix of green and aqua in the kitchen/dining photo. Must make those drapes this summer - thank you for sharing!

Nick @ Cupboards said...

I love this color, Wanda! Got to figure out how to incorporate it now.

Edins House said...

I love this colour! I used apple green as an accent in a client's condo, but didn't get as much in the room as I wanted!! ;-)
Victoria

The Fine Life said...

Gorgeous Green! This color makes me happy!

swaygrl said...

Love Love Love it!!!!

Silver Magpies said...

Love it as an accent - esp the gate and sofa! A bit too much on the walls for me :~)