Monday, June 20, 2011

Making A Better Home

Today, I’m working on client spaces in order to wrap them in the emotion or the experience of their homes.  For everyone, the idea of what constitutes ‘home’ is a bit different.  It goes without saying I do address the function, first.  It would be silly to move forward without capturing that as a part of the design process.  If most people really think about it, though, they’re looking for a much deeper meaning.  For many, it’s a soulful experience.

This afternoon, I’m working on finding resources to help make a better home for those who don’t have one.  < Click for story.  To say the least, the budget is tight, but I’m not letting that limit my imagination.  The words, above, are my inspiration.

I’m hoping to rely on my design community and vendors to share what they can. 

“Home is not where you live, but where they understand you” ~ Christian Morgenstern

Thanks for your help! ~ Wanda

PS – Really need gallons of untinted, white base latex flat paint.  So far, no national mfr. has stepped forward.  Got inside connections?

No comments: