Thursday, September 29, 2011

Interiors for Ta-Ta’s

Let me just share, while growing up in a ‘proper’ southern household, the discussion of body parts and functions were relegated to quiet, private chats with my mother who was a nurse.  My father was definitely a bit squirmy when the advent of female-related commercials began to let it all “hang out”.  He’s somewhat mellowed out as he’s been witness to too many friends and loved-ones experience loss because of ‘taboo talk’ which might have saved their lives.

I think he would be totally okay that I’m sharing a post about ‘buppies’, ‘ta-ta’s’, and ‘the girls’.  :)

Pink Power

(I created a custom lamp from Mottega to benefit the cure.  Click on the lamp to create your own design, using the color petal.  Your purchase in pink will generate a 10% donation to the Susan G.Komen Foundation!)

There are a lot of wonderful design vendors who are stepping up with beautiful products to provide support for “the girls”, as they are donating part of their sales to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure fund, as well as other avenues in the race to cure breast cancer.  Each year, important strides are being made in research.  Research needs to be funded.  Simply said. 

One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.  (And some men will be diagnosed, too.) 

I think that’s appropriate fodder for “ta-ta” talk, don’t you?

All My Best

No comments: