Thursday, December 29, 2011

Heading Down The Atlanta Highway!

Almost time to get ready for a road trip!  It’s been a few years since I’ve been to the Americasmart and I’ve been wondering what I’ve been missing.  Well, I’m about to find out.  When my friend, Beth, asked if I wanted to come along for the ride . . . my arm didn’t need to be twisted!

505170_wGkzvoqS_c

(Okay, I don’t think I’ll be wearing a black tulle skirt or turquoise heels or packing pink luggage in a vintage car, but I’ll bet the B-52’s anthem will be buzzing in my head!  I might even be singing it.  Poor Beth!)

I’ve tended to write a lot more about my visits to the High Point Market, in previous posts.  High Point is definitely the place to go for home furnishings.  Just about every major manufacturer is represented at this show.  And it’s very big.  Huge, in fact!  There are times; however, when a different venue can bring different sources.  That’s where the Americasmart comes in.  They overlap categories from gift to home to garden to seasonal to rugs to florals to fashion – and more.  In fact, the Americasmart towers are dedicated to different categories, including the floors on which a showroom might be located.

forBuyers_Flash_2

A big, lofty space with great goals for the New Year!

AMERICAS_MART

86204514_1f274221f3

While it might appear to be a bit overwhelming, at first, the towers of the Americasmart buildings are easily accessible by crosswalks, elevators, and escalators.  The last time I was there, there were masseuses stationed near the escalators for a little back and foot relief!  Hope they’re still around!

Some vendors show in both High Point and Atlanta.  Depending on their market’s focus, they may have a bigger presence in one than the other.  Others only exhibit in Atlanta.  Either way, I’m sure to enjoy a plethora of beautiful sources!

11

(Gabby Home)

wide_peacock

(Anali)

HCG_Novelty

(Sullivan’s – Yes, I’m already pre-shopping for clients’ holiday decorations, this year!)

There are also great events and seminars.  Here are just a few on the list . . .

HDhome

HD Home Preview PartyThursday, January 12th, (2-6pm) 

recipes-showhouse-lulu-powers-13-0309_LG

Besties Mary McDonald and Nathan Turner will be presenting on Friday, January 13th (3-4pm),Our Life in Design”

285408_10150353570627028_108416602027_9510438_1099086_n

Husband and wife design team, Steve and Brooke Giannetti, of Velvet & Linen, will share:  “Patina Style: Experiencing Design in Person and Online” – Saturday, January 14th (11am – 12:30pm)

For a full list of events, click on:  Home, Rug, & Gift Events

Fortunately, for resting after the end of a busy day, we found comfy lodgings in the Perimeter Mall area.  (Who knows?  We might not be too tired to shop after all of our walking.  Yes, Beth, I can feel your eyes rolling!)  Lots of great restaurants and easy access to the Marta station for coming and going to the downtown area, as well as getting in and out of Atlanta’s notorious traffic.

RailMap030210-interactive 

Fireplace

Our hotel has a nice fireplace to cozy up to at the end of a blustery day.  I’ve also read the reviews and they get a big thumbs up for customer service, cleanliness, and excellent bedding.  All big deals for me.

1759287323922445_ycaSEKW1_c

Woo hoo!  First road trip of 2012!  A great way to welcome in the New Year!

All My Best

No comments: