Saturday, February 25, 2012

Unity in Design – An Interior Design Event

As Henry Ford so astutely said:

Coming together 

I’m so proud to be a part of a wonderful conference, bringing interior designers together from all of the different organizations and from different paths of education, experience, and expertise.  The event will be hosted by the High Point Design Center which is a premier destination for interior designers, architects, specifiers, and builders working in residential and contract design.  The participating showrooms are not only open during the biannual High Point Furniture Market, they are also open in between markets so that designers can provide clients with access to the best of the best in the home furnishings and accents industry.

418391_10150681460327082_161290437081_11037696_1657632990_n

This year, I’ll be part of a keynote panel discussing how to “Leap Ahead of The Curve”.  I’m still putting on the finishing touches to my presentation as so many thoughts are spinning in regards to how the design community has had to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of our industry.  One thing I know for sure is that we’ll all need to make the leap together, in order to keep it vibrant and relevant for consumers as they ponder the benefit of hiring interior designers.

I’ll be sure to create a follow-up post, upon my return, for my fellow designers who might not be able to attend.  And if you’re a consumer, it’s just fine for you to peek in on the conversations.  We’re always happy to educate about our profession!

All My Best

No comments: