Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pinterest Postings

I’m breaking my rules.  I made a personal pact to pull back a little from being online in order to get projects in full swing.  More face-to-face time, as it were. 

In the meanwhile, I’m taking a momentary mental vacay.  The kind of visual break which takes me back to an experience . . . . the “I can see the light at the end of the tunnel” of the paper piles kind of experience.  That usually means being somewhere out in the countryside/mountain valleys or in a favorite garden spot. 

Pinterest

Funny thing is, that must be what a few of you all enjoy, too!  Here are my two top photos that have been repinned from my Pinterest page.  With all of the interior design and food images I’ve pinned, it was very interesting to watch the almost instantaneous repinnings of these occur.  (I’m kind of proud that I took these pics, too!) 

IMG_2193

A fabulous barn on the way to the Todd General Store.  Somewhere around Fleetwood, NC.  Notice the window treatments in the upper level?  I call this my “drive by shooting”.  As the DH tends to zoom by, I’m always yelling, “pull the car over!” 

Pinned Image

The stained glass dome at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens - Belmont, NC.  This isn’t the only jewel at the gardens, but it gives me a sense of childlike awe and wonder.  I think that’s an important trait to have, as a creative person . . . to always be open to the possibilities. 

I’m so glad I’ve shared images that inspire or stir the imagination. I hope my interiors do the same for my clients.

Now, back to reality!

1 comment:

Patrick Landrum, Interior Designer said...

Good Morning Wanda!

Gorgeous photos indeed! Just a note to say how much I enjoy your postings, and newsletter! Happy Spring!

Patrick Landrum
Interior Designer
PL&D/Patrick Landrum Design
http://patricksdesignblog.blogspot.com/