Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Nooks & Crannies – Kitchen Design At It’s Best!

What separates a good kitchen from a great one?  Of course, there is the beauty in the details of finishes and style . . . in recent years, kitchens have become the crown jewels of the home.  Some real stunners are out there!

For me, I’m a “nooks & crannies” kind of designer.  I love finding places for everything and design around solutions for storage, even for the smallest spaces.  The prediction is that homes are headed towards downsizing so we’re going to need to be smart with how we use our space.  People are looking for less complicated living, while still enjoying a bit of luxury . . . maybe a few less crowns but a jewel box, nonetheless.

d

(via – Kepplinger Design Group)

One of my social media friends, Pamela Rodriguez, who happens to be a fabulous kitchen and bath designer, (Pam Designs), is also a huge Pinterest fan and I laughingly share with her how I stalk her pins.  I mean this lady has curated boards beyond belief!  We tend to be attracted to the same aesthetic . . . we enjoy some lovely cottage influences . . . just proving sunny California and North Carolina may be across the country but certain design styles are universal.

This is a  refrigerator,  i love it!

(Hidden fridge drawers – via Pinterest – Pamela Rodriguez pin.)

Meanwhile, as I share a few of my favorite kitchen solutions, via Pam’s boards, you should visit the rest at:  http://pinterest.com/pamdesigns/  A warning comes with this . . . you’ll be in for such a treat, don’t schedule anything really important.  I think you might stay for at least a twenty minute tour!  (I would have said three hours but I didn’t want to scare you!)

If you only have two minutes to spare, here are some fast five ideas and links.  Come back and click over to Pinterest when you’ve got more time.

 pullouts that make sense

Great storage for cans! 

Pull out columns.  Great for capturing extra storage.

Rob Kane – Classically Modern Kitchen

Such handy utensil storage.

Craftsman Design and Renovation

Hidden storage in the toe-kick! Hmmm...

Better Homes and Gardens – Finding Storage Solutions Around the House

serve ware storage (btw kitchen and dining room?)

Shelterness – Creative Kitchen Storage Ideas

See?  A few minutes and lots of inspiration!

Need a little more design attention than a blog post provides?  Just give me a call.  We can figure it out!

PS – I’m a designer member of NKBA%20logo

No comments: