Thursday, June 7, 2012

Take Me to the Kasbah!

I always thought it would be fun to say that.  It sounds so exciting to throw together a bag and head off to parts, mysterious and wonderful.  Actually, I’m a bit of a homebody but I do love to explore the world through styles and images.  (Truth be told, I’m a bit of a white knuckle flier.  There, I admitted it.  Glad to get that over with.)

So . . . if you’re a little like me, join in on the fun of virtually exploring the Moroccan influence.  It’s making a big summer splash!

Heidi Invitation

Aimee O’Boyle, of Creative Montage, designed this lovely dinner menu to compliment a suite of paper goods on her Etsy site.  Isn’t it sumptuous?

Morrocan Invitation

BTW – She’s the one who has been doing all of my logo and print designs.  We’re working on a few more projects and I love working with her!

Moroccan_Casbah

There is nothing bland about the Moroccan color palette!  And . . . this is not for the person who loves spare interiors.  The three ‘L’s’ of design - Lush, lux, and lavish!  (Brier & Dunn)

Morrocan Living

Ah, maybe a little more toned-down version, but still rich in pattern.  (Pinterest)

jaouad kadiri moroccan chic moroccan country house

I’ve noticed quite a few local tile galleries showcasing the gorgeous shapes of Moroccan-inspired design.  Just did a client’s backsplash in one.  (Jaouad Kidiri)

Oh, this was so worth the ‘trip’ and I didn’t even have to breathe into a paper bag!

If you want to make your home a favorite destination, drop me a line to find out more about my design services.  Believe it or not, it’s time to plan for holiday deadlines!

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here Pinterest-button

No comments: