Monday, June 4, 2012

You Are What You Eat – Nourishing Interiors

“Tell me what you eat, I'll tell you who you are.”  ~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

We certainly must love our food!  Just look at all of the blogs and Pinterest pins devoted to drool-worthy recipes and food photography.  It’s enough to add a few extra pounds!

190066046744087276_PUoVOJSL_f

I’ve noticed people really tend to respond to those posts, too.  Is it because we really cook that much or does the image evoke a strong reaction based on what nourishes us in another way?  Do we think of a meal at our grandmother’s house?  A fond gathering of friends?  The idea of throwing a party with fabulous tid-bits to offer guests and to show we can do it?

29343835042234081_yUmgcAww_f

(No mistaking it.  These folks enjoy a good time!)

Now, just imagine if we see a can of beans, instead.  Nothing wrong with beans.  They’re full of nutrition, fiber, and certainly fit into a lot of budgets.  Depending on the label and if they’re captured with the perfect lens . . . hey, we might just respond to those beans with an ooh and and an ah!  Go a step further and change that picture to a plateful of fresh, French beans, topped with added yummies . . .

mbd105170_1109_grnbeans06_hd

Before you all think I’m totally full of . . . beans . . . there’s a reason for my ponderings.  I think we are what we consume.  That goes for creating nourishing interiors, too.  (And, information.  Positive goes a long way for me.  There’s “reality” and then there’s your own reality.  Two different things, I think.)  But I digress.

5 - WSH Homearama Breakfast Room

Yes, we may have occasions to open a can of beans to quell our immediate hunger.  Often, we have an appetite for something more.  Something which nourishes us in a different way.  Something worth capturing in a picture.

If you want to enjoy your home in a different way, drop me a line to find out more about my design services.  Believe it or not, it’s time to plan for holiday deadlines! 

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here Pinterest-button

No comments: