Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sunrise, Sunset–The Changes In Life, The Changes In Your Interiors

Just recently, I wrote a post for Hooker Furniture Company, inspired by friends who had shared both excitement and anxiety about sending their little birds out of the nest and off to college.  (You can read the entire post at:  Flexing Your Home Through the Seasons of Life)

Class of 2012

It made me ponder how many changes we see in our lifetime and the impact they can have on how we live in our homes.  The “spare” room often becomes a topic of quandary . . . what to do with it while keeping it a place for a soft landing, for whoever returns to the sanctuary called ‘home’.

We decided to turn one post into a series and I hope you’ll tune in as I share many real experiences and challenges. Along with the solutions I’ve provided to my clients to help them navigate this ever-changing path called “life”, you may decide to share a few pointers of your own!

Pagoda Hutch 638-50019

A sneak preview of things to come . . .

When purchasing furniture, think outside of the box.  In this case, I would use the Pagoda Buffet and Hutch, from Hooker Furniture, as a transition piece from childhood to adulthood.  A great doll display cabinet, with storage below, would later hold sports trophies or books/collections.  As a young adult, it would go into their first home to grace a dining area or become focal point in a loft without a fireplace.  Choose classics and you’ll never be wrong!

I hope you’ll join me as I share the journey!

Design - where perfection is an ideal, tempered with reality, and my team strives to find the balance.  If this post resonated with you, drop me a line to find out more about my design services.  NOW is the time to schedule your room for a holiday makeover!

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here Pinterest-button

No comments:

Thanks for sharing my posts!

Share |

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails