Thursday, November 1, 2012

An Interiors Long Distance House Call: “Wanda-rizing” the Design

Soon, I’ll look forward to catching up with some dear clients in Georgia.  They’ve been patiently waiting for me to complete some in-town projects in order to spend a few days helping them to get settled into their Lake Oconee-area home.  (I’ve followed them from the Charlotte area, to Johnson City, TN, and now to peach country.)  It’s always an honor to be asked back for ‘thirdsies’!

Since I literally have not taken a vacation break, this summer, I decided I would treat myself on this trip.  While looking for overnight lodging, I found a lovely inn in nearby Madison . . .  The James Madison Inn, to be exact.  All it took was perusing through some big thumb’s up from TripAdvisor contributors and a gander at the interiors, not to mention nearby dining and shopping, and my suite was booked! 

(A gorgeous lobby view!)

The James Madison Inn

(A comfy suite.  I think this might be mine!)

I understand Madison is resplendent with antebellum homes and I can only imagine the lush, southern accents I might hear while making a Sunday tour.  (When I booked my room, one lilted over the phone lines!)

(Rocking chair porches are the hallmark of old, southern homes.)

Of course, the main reason for my visit is to head on to Greensboro, Georgia, land of lake and golf-front properties.  Definitely a more casual vibe of stone, cedar shakes and cottage style living. 

(Lake Oconee)

Most of what I’ll be doing is to help my clients sort through three different houses/lots of home décor and furnishings to marry together things near and dear while letting go of the “too much” category.  They had purchased this home as a second residence so pieces from the Johnson City home are either mixed in or are in storage. 

My clients knew it would be a big undertaking to make so many decisions so I was more than happy to oblige to the “911” design call.  Wearing one of the many interior design hats means we not only help to purchase furnishings, we also help to edit.  :)  This will be the first step in moving forward with the rest of their interior plans.

2012-07-10 11.50.41

As my client’s husband said, the house needs “Wanda-rizing”.  Now that’s the biggest compliment I could get!

Design - where perfection is an ideal, tempered with reality, and my team strives to find the balance. If this post resonated with you, drop me a line to find out more about my design services. Now booking into 2013!

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here Pinterest-button

No comments: