Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Traditional Home–Design Hot Spots Feature

Hot Off the Online Presses! - What a great midweek surprise to be featured in Traditional Home’s online fall issue!  (Just click on the 2nd blue star to the right of the Nashville sign or you can read all about it below.) 

image

I, like many, adore the print version but in keeping with the desires of their readership, Traditional Home has created an amazing online edition, worthy of downloading on your tablet.

You can only imagine I squealed a little when Tamara shared we were online!

image

(I know it’s still a little confusing that my blog is “Interior Concepts by Wanda” and my business is Wanda S. Horton Interior Design.  You see, I do share my concepts or viewpoints about interior design in the blog and you can find me at both “locations” so it’s all good!)

The Story Behind the Story - A little while back, I received a lovely request from Tamara Matthews Stephenson, an interior designer and blogger in NYC, (Nest by Tamara), to dish a little about one of my design hot spots in the Charlotte area.  I’ve been reading her blog for the past several years and we’ve shared some chats on Twitter and Facebook and we finally met at the High Point Market in October.  Truly a gracious lady, in so many ways, and we share a universal appreciation for all things beautiful.

(Tamara Matthews Stephenson)

image

(Fun at the High Point Market (L-R) – Maybelline Te, Me, Lisa Kahn Allen, Tamara Matthews Stephenson)

The Store Behind the Story:  To be fair, there are many hot spots for design in the Charlotte area.  It’s always difficult to pick just one.  I decided to look back over several projects to see if there might be a common thread and Windwood Antiques kept popping up. 

WINDWOOD ANTIQUES - CHARLOTTE, NC

Windwood Antiques – 2318 Crescent Avenue, Charlotte, NC – 704-372-4577

 

WINDWOOD ANTIQUES

Windwood Antiques – 1157 Main Street, Blowing Rock, NC – 828-295-9260

You see, it’s one of the places where folks, not familiar with our area, might totally miss.  I also happen to love the idea of introducing some character pieces, to an interiors project, and I always seem to find something.  They purvey a warm, southern welcome whenever I pop in with a client or a shopping list.  From an extensive collection of majolica to lamps, antique furnishings, and custom-made dining tables, it’s always worth a visit!

Maj 6

If you’re ever passing through North Carolina, I do hope you’ll drop by one of the Windwood locations.  Let them know you read about them in Traditional Home.  It will make their day!

I know this feature sure made mine!

Design - where perfection is an ideal, tempered with reality, and my team strives to find the balance. If this post resonated with you, drop me a line to find out more about my design services. Now booking into 2013!

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click herePinterest-button

No comments: