Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gracious Giving–Day 2–Walking In Someone’s Shoes

Shoes are a personal selection, in my mind.  Everyone has a size, a design preference, and certainly there are different levels of comfort.

image

image

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is how you maximize your useage of a narrow walk-in closet! Floor to ceiling shelving. Love the bedroom chair angled in the doorway, to make sitting and putting on shoes easier by making the choices within reach. And of course, I organize 99% of my closet by color, so I heart this.

Recently, a simple gesture made the national news.  You see, a NYC policeman found a homeless man barefoot and in the cold.  No shoes, no socks.

121129-cop-shoes-gift-jsw-430a.grid-5x2

An onlooker captured the officer giving the man a pair of boots, purchased out of his own pocket, because he thought it was the right thing to do.  Not because anyone else was looking, but because he saw a person in need.  The article even stated most others would have walked by.  And, by the fact this man was shoeless, I’m guessing they did.

I don’t know about you, but this brought tears to my eyes while warming my heart.

It’s easy to judge others, until we’ve walked a mile in their shoes.  And if they don’t have a pair of shoes, it’s just as easy to buy them a pair.

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click herePinterest-button

Drop me a line to find out more about my design services. Now booking into 2013!

No comments: