Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Collecting Design Instead of Clutter

It’s nearing the end of January and I’m wondering how the task of getting everything in order is going for most folks?  I’m pretty well on track, with some things to still be done.  If truth be told, if we all made this a year-round venture, January wouldn’t be so fraught with articles on “getting it together”, right?

\♥/♥\♥/

(Pinterest)

While some of you may subscribe to minimalist décor and think spare is the way to go, there are some of you who fit the description of a “collector” and are always looking for creative ways to share your passion, while not looking as if a storage unit got emptied into your homes!

Painted porcelain handled flatware

(Pinterest)

Keeping similar items together does keep the feeling of clutter down, while allowing your personality to shine through.  Think of it as a simple pattern mix.

.

(Pinterest)

Even this gent’s closet illustrates amazing restraint and order.  (PS – This is not my dear husband’s closet!  I try, I really do!)

Collections 2

Would you be brave enough to showcase a mirror collection?  It’s always thought that the reflection should be something lovely.  (No ceiling fans in this view!)  Well, I think we can see, from the middle mirror, there is definitely a sense of order shining through.

image

Even family mementos or heirlooms can come out of hiding, if put together in the right way.  While these hankies may all be different, they present more cohesively by being encased in the same frame.  A trained eye knows how to create balance.

Majolica

And sometimes, just as I shared in a previous newsletter, collecting “design” can come from being inspired by your own home.

All My Best

PS - If you’re daunted by the task of creating personalized, interior spaces, I’d love to hear from you!  You’ll have great options available.

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click herePinterest-button

Drop me a line to find out more about my design services. Will you be ready for your project to be completed by spring?  Time to book that first meeting!

No comments: