Thursday, April 25, 2013

Market Musings–A New Set of Eyes

As I’ve settled back down, unloading tons of photos from the High Point Market, a point hit me between the eyes and I had to jot it down before I forgot it.  (That’s what happens when your mind becomes filled with inspiration!)

IMG_0957

I’ve been to market for more years than I care to admit.  I’ve seen a lot of trends – so much so that it’s easy to say, “been there, done that”.  Not to be smug, just factual. 

What made this market so different?  It wasn’t so much the product but perhaps it was because I intentionally took a fresh set of eyes.  I looked at different ways to combine what might be considered a “standard” or a reimagined classic.

IMG_0687

You see, while I bring so much to the table for my projects, in terms of project management and all of the years of education, experience and so on, the one thing I hope to always keep active is an open mind – like the enthusiasm of a new design student, visiting their very first High Point Furniture Market. 

IMG_0735

Awe and wonderment.  May they never become passé. 

All My Best

If you’re daunted by the task of creating personalized, interior spaces, I’d love to hear from you!  You’ll have great options available.

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click herePinterest-button

Drop me a line to find out more about my design services. Will you be ready for your project to be completed by late summer/early fall?  Time to book that first meeting!

No comments: