Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Art of Design

For the last few years, in my humble opinion, design has been a bit stuck.  Oh, there have certainly been stars amongst the mass-produced patterns and the pieces that have been “Pinterested” to death.  (I’m probably guilty of some of that, too.)  It’s kind of like being a part of a school of thought where it’s easier to go with the crowd and share formulaic themes.

Design Art

I’m feeling very hopeful that we’re beginning to get past that!  The upcoming High Point Market has me excited about what I’m referring to as the “Art of Design”.  They’ve been “leaking” some pretty fabulous images, via social media, and I know a few of the talented ladies with whom they’ve given an inner peek.

As I’m wrapping up projects, developing a new website, freshening my logo, and making my market lists, I’ll spare you the editorial and you can soak in the images from a few of my boards!

Restful Restraint

Deco Chic

Collected Cottage

Classically Curved

Lots of major manufacturers are represented, here.  Have fun thinking of ways you might bring in some of these influences and pieces into your own spaces!  I’ll be checking back with you, after market, with lots of my own photos and further thoughts.

I predict there will be shopping in my future for a great pair of walking shoes!

All My Best

If you’re daunted by the task of creating personalized, interior spaces, I’d love to hear from you!  You’ll have great options available.

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click herePinterest-button

Drop me a line to find out more about my design services. Will you be ready for your project to be completed by late summer/early fall?  Time to book that first meeting!

No comments: