Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Creating Great Content–Say Less

I’m one of those people who subscribes to a few inspirational feeds and it never ceases to amaze me that while I know these go out to a gazillion people, I think most of them apply to me on the day they arrive.  :)

One, in particular, really resonated in several ways . . .

Say less mean more

No. 1 – I’m not online as much as I used to be and that includes writing content for this blog.  I often feel a sense of guilt that I’m not cranking out the content.  Of course, having lots of content doesn’t always equal great. 

image

Do you ever feel as if a lot of blogs are posting the same photos over and over again with captions of “love”, “j’adore” or worse yet, some “explicative . . . . amazing.”?   I’ve been guilty of the photo thing - based on the need to quickly get a post going and to have a reference photo for the content.  You know we’re only supposed to want to see pretty pictures, right?  (That’s according to the experts.)

(Pretty picture from my garden.)

IMG_3253

I have to say, I’m blessed and thankful that I have been busy as a bee.  Of course, it’s the double-edged sword of being feeling relevant in the ever-changing, fast-paced here and now.  I know writing this blog is supposed to give folks some insight as to who I am or about my work but posting everyday may dilute that message, IMHO.

quiet

No. 2 – I’ve been in the process of creating a new website.  Let me tell you, that hurts the brain in ways beyond mind torture!  Trying to get enough of my mission, message and processes across without requiring a double-espresso for the reader . . . it takes a lot of editing and word power.  I’ve come to the conclusion that my business is a personal, one-on-one interior design firm.  Guess what?  That requires some personal, one-on-one conversation.  Some revelations sure help you get down to the nitty-gritty! 

Wanda Suitt-Horton Interior Design

No. 3 – I think it’s time for the world of interiors to do the same.  Create great design content for specific projects, personalities and people.  Less about taking a trend to the nth-degree of not being able to stand it and more about embracing character, charm and unique individuals.  There is a fine line between today’s “current” and tomorrow’s “passé”.

web img_0121

To make a long story short . . .  “Say less, mean more” – and when you do, make it count.

All My Best

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here.

No comments: