Monday, July 29, 2013

Minute Monday - Serendipity in Design

I’m not one of those designers who thinks components need to be “matchy-matchy” in a space but if one is working in a smaller area it does help to expand the eye when repeating similar shapes and/or patterns.  It carries through to the length of a room or brings to mind a reference to an adjacent area.  The brain may not be totally aware of what it’s processing; however, there is a familiar comfort level with what’s happening as you travel through from one to the other.

After putting together patterns for a living area, you can imagine my delight when this cookie jar was discovered for the neighboring kitchen!  Pure serendipity.

Pattern Play

I think we made a ‘wise’ choice.  :)

All my best

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here.

No comments: