Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dressing a Room in Layers for a Personal Reveal

There is no doubt about it, I love rooms with a story.  The kind which tell me about who lives in the space, what they collect, what might be their passions, if they travel, etc.  I also love color and pattern.  I suppose I wouldn’t be considered a versatile designer if all of these loves weren’t part of my repertoire. 

Getting clients to the point of revealing their stories sometimes takes a little nudging.  After all, there has been a trend of keeping things pretty “orderly” on many of the most-visited design blogs and online tutelages.  Lots of pretty white or neutral with clean lines, graphic patterns and modern leanings.  For some, it feels to be a safer way to go.  I even have people tell me they head in this direction because they can’t decide or worry that they’ll do something others will judge as “not-current”.

What do you do if that’s not so much your lifestyle or preference?  What if you’ve already created a blank canvas and it’s not speaking to your heart?  What if you have prized possessions stuffed into a closet?  What if you want to create a meaningful place to call “home”?

I say . . . .

Layering a Room

Bring on the Layers

Bring on the Layers 2

And I also say: Vive la différence

All my best ~ Wanda

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here.

No comments: