Thursday, October 17, 2013

High Point Market Plans and Throwback Thursday

A little snafu in my market registration left me without the arrival of my handy market book.  No worries, though.  There have been so many emails landing in the inbox and so much “sneak preview” information circulating over the net . . . well, I’d have to be under a mushroom not to be able to figure out what to do and where to go. 

image

My first market trip was my senior year at East Carolina University, via the  interior design school field trip.  We won’t talk about how many years ago that was - but suffice it to say, the “big building” was IHFC and there were no Suites at Market Square or the Showplace Building, etc, etc. – for those of you who are more recent to the market

Wanda Senior ECU

(ECU Senior Year and no idea what the future was to hold!)

I realize the world has gone virtual, even though I do like to sit in a chair and leaf through the catalogs.  Still a little old school about that.  If my sweet hubby is acting as my chauffeur, to and from market, that’s even better.  (Yes, I’m a page tear kind of gal since those books are mighty heavy!)  Of course, as I type, the catalogs are being downloaded in PDF format.  The tablet and phone will be my back-up

image

Just in case you're interested, I thought it might be nice for me to share some goodies from my inbox.

image

Tritter Feefer introduces a big array of gloss finishes:

 

A tower of Thibaut!  (One of the favorite lines I carry!)

image

French Heritage:  Isn’t this the prettiest invitation?  I don’t think I’ll make the luncheon but inspiration comes in many forms!

image

Curations:  There are even previews to the preview!  2014 is already on the radar!

image

Selva:  Loving this chair!

image

The Van Cleve Collection:  One of my favorite sources for garden seats!

image

Moore Council:  I’m always on the search for some great barstools.  I’m working on a project where I think this style might be pretty perfect!

C.R. Laine has intrigued me with their design renderings.  I wonder if I can talk them into reproducing these for framing?  I think I spy a little Asian influence.

They will also be showing the fabulous wall/art designs of Tracy Hiner and Black Crow Studios!

Photo: Lonny magazine's summary of WestEdge Design Fair includes this malachite wallpaper designed by Brenda Houston Designs for Black Crow Studios. We cannot wait to unveil the wallpaper installation by BCS in the CR Laine showroom during #HPMKT. Since "fabulous" is so hard to keep a secret, we may post a few glimpses into our showroom on Instagram tomorrow.  http://www.lonny.com/WestEdge+2013+Lessons+in+Design

(Tracy’s work has been featured in some beautiful installations and in national publications.)

And of course, the always clever Parker Southern!

Now it’s back to work on the lists and showroom schedules.  I think this time I’ll be enjoying market more than ever because I’m going with a few different thoughts about my business model.  I’m looking at sourcing to sell product, again.  I’ll share an update on what I find, later.

Meanwhile, you can start by watching my Pinterest page for the High Point Furniture Market 2013 Fall Series.  Even though it’s been two years since I was an “official” Style Spotter, I’m an avid user of Pinterest and love to share my sightings.

Take care and have a wonderful week!  See you when I return! ~ Wanda

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here.

No comments: