Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Is Less Really More? How to Enjoy the Experience of “More” in Your Home.

My recent blog post for Hooker Furniture was inspired by a great read about enjoying the experience of “more” in your home. 

Here are some excerpts and the link-through to read more:

As I packed away the holiday decorations and cleared out the excess clutter, my thoughts turned to the recent trend of  paring down interiors for a ‘cleaner’ look.  There’s certainly something to be said for organizing space and capitalizing on function, but when things become a little “sterile,” it brings to mind the question:  “Is less really more when it comes to being happy at home?”

image

Recently, I’ve been reading a book by Gretchen Rubin, Happier at Home.  Her September Chapter, “Possessions”, hit home in a very profound way for me.  If you’ve been reading my blog posts for Hooker Furniture, you know that I’m an interior designer, so a lot of what I do relates to helping clients decide what to do with their possessions, and sometimes it includes bringing in more pieces. 

To read the whole blog – click here.

All my best! ~ Wanda

Now booking  projects for completion - Spring 2014!  Inquire here > Wanda S. Horton Interior Design

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here.

No comments: