Monday, January 27, 2014

Light Up My Life

I‘m happily noticing the difference in the length of the days becoming longer – even if just a little more than it reaching “dark-thirty” before the dinner hour.  A glimmer of extra light definitely bodes well in the dreary, days of winter. 

Indoor lighting makes such a huge difference and I’ll admit I’m a bit of a lamp fanatic.  It’s what I refer to as a “two-fer” kind of accent.  Function and the aesthetic icing on the cake.  My vision and mood are vastly improved by better illumination. 

Dana Gibson

I love this happy little number from Dana Gibson.

image

I’m working on a beach house project and I think my client might swoon over this one from Chelsea House.  The cool of the blue with the warmth of the metal.

image

Or it could be a tie for this one.  She loves some Apple Green!  Also Chelsea House.

image

The iconic urn lamp in white.  So fabulous against colorful walls!  By Robert Abbey.

image

Modern metallic waving back.  Robert Abbey

image

Fun, fun, fun!  Swap shades and color!  This base is part of a collection coordinating with Sherwin Williams paints.  Color:  Cherry Tomato!  Found on Lamps Plus

Who knows how many more days of winter we’ll have?  Save yourself a little airfare and bring in the light!  (But if anyone offered me a tropical get-a-way, I wouldn’t turn it down!)

All my best! ~ Wanda

Now booking  projects for completion - Summer 2014!  Inquire here > Wanda S. Horton Interior Design

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here.

No comments: