Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Interior Design Priorities and Commitments vs Temptations

Oh, those bright, shiny objects!  They are so attractive to those of us in the creative field.  They dangle in front of us, tempting us to put away the paper piles and deadlines to do all of the “fun” and ever perceived glamorous activities associated with the world of interior design. 

Lately, there have been a few of those jewels hanging on the vine, seemingly ripe for the picking.  Some involving fabulous travel, some involving events, and certainly good for face time and photo ops, of which I’m sure would be considered amazing for my business.

Dining Chandelier Ballantyne Project

The thing is, if the only activity that I did was to create the “pretty”, it might be so easy to run off to do all of the afore mentioned.  I could pop together some boards with lovely images and let design inspiration or suggestions be just that.  Nothing involving my follow-up or guidance.  And off I’d go!

Instead, as a full-service interior designer, I make commitments to see things through until the project scope has been completed or the sand in the hourglass for the project time has run out. 

2014-02-18 14.00.52

This is the toughest thing about being a small business owner.  The decision-making process.  For me, it’s all about priorities.  Knowing what they are and who they are allows it all to fall into place.  Priorities are different for everyone and it all has to do with timing.

Meanwhile . . .

2014-02-18 13.59.48

. . . and that time is now.

All my best ~ Wanda

Now booking  projects for completion - Summer 2014!  Inquire here > Wanda S. Horton Interior Design

To subscribe to my blog updates via email click here.

To follow Wanda S. Horton Interior Design on Facebook click here.

To follow me on Pinterest click here.

No comments: