Friday, August 1, 2014

Behind the Scenes of Design–Our Latest Buzz

Oh my goodness!  I’m glancing at the date of my last post and it looks like I’ve been asleep behind the keyboard.  I’m happy to report all is abuzz in the world of interiors, even though not much sharing has been going on. 

image

A lovely, kitchen remodeling project has been secured, along with some interior design updates and a fun change is coming to a local swim academy.  I can’t wait to share more about all of them!

Meanwhile, I’ll share a glimpse of our completed project in Ardrey, a lovely Charleston-style neighborhood in Charlotte, NC.  We were finally able to schedule the shoot, in between all of summer’s activities.  It takes a LOT of planning to pull these together, not to mention the selecting and styling all of the pieces, including the food!

image

(Too much color would have distracted from the fabulous backsplash.)

image

(Wish I could say I baked these.  Flakiness and all.)

image

(Mixing just the right amount of texture and pattern.)

image

(And, oh, the flowers!  These beauties came home with me at the end of the day.)

The pictures are in the process of editing so I just clipped in a few detail shots.  Of course, I think they look wonderful but my photographer, Whitney Gray, is a stickler for getting them just so.  We creative types do suffer from that affliction.  While I was fretting over the styling and placement of everything, she said, “Oh, it’s the perfectionist in you!”  Ahem?  I think we’re two peas in a pod on that one.

I’d like to take a moment to thank Kim Rushing, at August Lily Florist, for her stunning work!  It’s so much better than me running to the grocery shop to grab a bouquet or two.  She gets to see the progress pics and finds some gorgeous flowers and greens to bring the scenes to life.  I also so appreciate the kind support and help of my design friend, Davetta Moore.  It’s sure hard to hop up and down on a ladder to decide if something needs to be tweaked.  There’s nothing like having a second set of talented designer eyes!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I’m going to do a little recharging as a rested mind is a creative one, in this neck-of-the-woods.

All my best! ~ Wanda

No comments: