Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year Possibilities–Letting 2015 Unfold

As we turn the calendar to 2015, it seems to to make us think of how to rewind and restart the things we may have left over from the previous year.  Or to begin a new practice or commitment. 

Happy New Year Filigree 2015 - Invitation - Paperless Post | Invitation Option

New resolutions of organization, health, money management, trips to take, people to see, improving skills, improving relationships . . . just fill-in-the-blank.

Friday is dedicated to the Law of Detachment, which guides us to let go of the painful need to control and force things to do our way - and instead open to the flow of infinite possibilities, letting ourselves see things anew and experience the unfolding synchronicities that guide us on a path of purpose, joy, and fulfillment. Chopra Center

I’m a combination of being a very goal-oriented person as well as someone who operates from intuition so while I’d be just dandy making my lists, I’m also very much at home at watching some things unfold as I believe they are meant to be. 

My true self leans towards this . . .

Lao Tzu.  My busy busy mind needs to remember this.

In this world of broadcasting so much online, I think this year’s goals and directives are going to be more personal and private.  I don’t buy into the notion that if you don’t tell everyone, it won’t be accomplished.  In fact, I think I do a better job at it because I’m not processing a lot of external feedback noise which may hinder what is meaningful or important to making things happen.  Knowledge is a good thing but I find it’s even better when I put it through a sifter for refinement.  It all depends on the hours left in the day as to how much I can sort through.

Sometimes we just need to sit back, and let things unfold by themselves. Observe and adsorb the lessons at hand. M.C

I think there is a good balance to be found in everything.  As a strategic person and a creative person, it’s something for which I strive to find.  I definitely want to experience more magic in the moments.  I’ve been working on business systems to free up more time to allow for that to happen in design projects. 

“In his pursuit of the dream, he was being constantly subjected to tests of his persistence and courage…” - The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho

In 2015, I’m not going to make “resolutions”.  Instead, I’m embracing the positive in possibilities.  Each day that I experience one, no matter how big or small, they will be recorded, and only for me.  I won’t wait until the end of 2015 to read them, either.  I’ll read them when I need to be uplifted or reminded how awesome each day has been.  

Some of my best times, results, business ventures or relationships were the ones I didn’t see coming!

My life hasn't gone according to my plan, it's better this way

And that’s my non-resolution resolution.

Happy 2015!  May it be a year to remember! ~ Wanda

2 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a perfect post, and a perfect way to start the new year. I'm in total agreement with you Wanda,
taking each day and relishing in the possibilities and thrill of the "unexpected" blessings. Happy New Year!

Wanda S. Horton - Interior Designer said...

Thank you so much, Lidy! Happy New Year to you, too! May the possibilities be endless!