Friday, April 24, 2015

A Stylish Arrival–Doors, Gates & Doorbells

In a few short days, I’ll be heading to Charleston, South Carolina for a lovely mix of business and fun.  Meanwhile, my head is still swimming with images of all of the fabulous home furnishings from the High Point Market, and after touring the Hooker Furniture Showroom to see some of their new collections, I can definitely tell there will be an overlapping of posts about my experiences in Charleston and a new collection HFC has launched, based on inspired designs from doors and gates.  One of my favorite things about this southern city is their huge variety of entryways to homes and gardens.  It’s my cup of tea . . . steeped in history and stories.

Definitely stay-tuned in May for several articles.  (I’m one of their contributing writers and I’m way overdue in putting together a submission.)

Here’s a sneak peek of a Hooker Furniture Collection gorgeous credenza.  This collection is most definitely architecturally inspired.  It’s as if they scooped up some antique doors and resized them to fit the opening.  The next image showcases their attention to detail in the custom-designed hardware. 

2015-04-18 14.34.58

2015-04-18 14.25.24

Back to my Charleston visit . . .

I’ve always loved this area of the country, and while I had previously taken many photos, a computer crash seems to have put them missing in action.  Thankfully, I’ve learned how to embrace the “cloud” and the next batch will be downloaded, uploaded and safe-guarded in a much better way! 

This image, of a segment of ironwork at the College of Charleston, is a stunning example of what I expect to capture with my lens.  

Wrought iron gate work at the College of Charleston campus, Charleston, SC

Ironically, while putting together this post, an email landed in my inbox with doorbell buttons, worthy of gracing the entries to any historic property. 

Signature Hardware is one of my favorite “go-to” sources to suggest for specialty hardware items.  I think you’ll agree when you see what they have to offer.

I love this old-fashioned twist ringer style.  Sobecki Twist Doorbell

image

The Griffen in Brushed Nickel

image

The Chancellor in Chrome

image

The Harvey – And, yes, do push “press” to see all of the selection options -

image

I’ll be “chiming in” from time-to-time on Instagram and Facebook with more news and info.  Please be sure to follow me at both spots as I roll out the welcome mat to Charleston!

All my best! – Wanda

No comments: