Saturday, May 23, 2015

French Garden House–An Honored Feature!

For several years, I’ve enjoyed reading the blog on French Garden House, penned by shop proprietor, Lidy Baars.  As the title indicates, Lidy loves pieces with European flair and her site is chock-full of everything from furnishings to décor to jewelry and one-of-a-kind treasures.  I’ve admired reading about her in various publications and to my delight, I’ve gotten to know her over the past year, in real time, not just online!

When Lidy asked me if she could conduct an interview to share on her blog, I was beyond honored and thrilled!  Her questions were so thoughtful and made me think about the things I enjoy and are important to me in my everyday world.  I think that’s what makes for a lovely exchange . . .  engaging with others and being interested in their day-to-day happenings. 

Here is the opening page of the feature.  Please do click on the image, below, to read it in full.

Wanda S. Horton - French Garden House Feature

You can see why I’m so attracted to the pieces in Lidy’s shop.  She curates the best combinations!

WandaInspireddesigns

Meanwhile, we’re working on some ongoing projects in the Horton Home.  This post has inspired me to give a little TLC back to freshen up some spaces and the garden.  Lately, I’ve been ALL about the garden!

From clippings to plantings to visiting our local shops . . .

2015-05-23 10.10.18

2015-05-22 10.51.12

2015-05-16 13.47.02

I knew this potted begonia would have a spot in my antique coal fireplace grate.  I love looking at options for repurposing pieces.

2015-05-22 18.51.58

In fact, if my Instagram page is any indication . . .

image

Perhaps it’s also because we’re getting ready to heat up a bit, over the next week, so I’m enjoying some cooler mornings before the “wilting season” hits.

I hope you’re enjoying the holiday weekend as much as I am!  Thanks for taking a little break to stop by.  Now go out and have fun!

All my best ~ Wanda

1 comment:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Wanda, thank you so much again for taking the time to chat with me. I am thrilled to introduce you to my FrenchGardenHouse readers, and it is an honor to share the beautiful interiors you design! You have such a gift for making each space lovely, well ordered and warm and inviting.