Friday, September 16, 2016

When the Stars Come Out At Night–A Special Award!

If you’ve read my recent post, “Finding the Perfect Fit – The Luxury of Service”, I mentioned recently shopping for some special attire and how much I enjoyed that experience.  Well, there was a good reason for my update to the wardrobe!

image
(By the way, I loved my dress and all of the beautifully detailed elements.  How nice that it was comfortable, too!)

You see, the North Carolina Home Builders Association held an awards gala to honor a list of those who represented excellence in their industry.  Unbeknownst to me, a new residential construction project, (for which I had been included as the interior designer), was submitted by the builder, Arcadia Custom Homes and Renovations.  I’ve collaborated with them on some previous clients’ homes and have always enjoyed the stellar manner in which they’ve managed their projects, as well as the top-knotch professionals they bring to the table. 

image

To make a long story short, the category for which they submitted our clients’ home was in the luxury group and it took the top award!  I was so excited to be there to share in the evening and it was an honor to be included as they received the trophy.

2016-09-14 21.03.33
(Jeremy Schumacher and AJ Foard, both Managing Partners, took the podium as the project was featured on the screen.)

2016-09-15 02.56.04
(The Omni Hotel is a lovely venue but goodness, we couldn’t find a place to get some decent lighting for a photo!  Left to right:  AJ Foard, (me), Jeremy Schumacher and Daniel Queen, all Managing Partners with Arcadia Custom Homes and Renovations.)

image
(Maybe this is a little better in the selfie/close-up category.  I was so happy my husband, life partner and business partner, could attend, too!  He makes it possible for my boutique design firm to keep moving effortlessly between projects!)

Some of the biggest stars of this evening, were behind-the-scenes.  Our shared clients generously allowed access to photographing their home while maintaining privacy.  We’ve been able to capture some beautiful spaces.  If you read my blog, you’ve already seen some of these photos.  (Thanks to our talented photographer, Whitney Gray.)

Sedgefield Bath - Wanda S. Horton Interior Design

(One of my favorite spaces, the Owner’s Suite Bath, features an elegant free-standing tub. I was able to emphasize the wall behind it by getting AJ to bring it forward and to showcase my design for the mosaic tile feature.  The homeowners were so open to ideas and that’s why it allowed us to create a show-stopper!)  Image ©: Wanda S. Horton Interior Design  Photography: Whitney Gray

I’m happy to report I’ve got another project in the works with Arcadia and I’ll be sharing more updates as we get closer to some of the permanent selections installations.  Ironically, I was putting some finishing touches in place when my new clients did a walk-through of this property. 
I can truly say, I’ve had the good fortune and pleasure to team up with the best!

All my best to you – Wanda

2 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a beautiful evening, honoring such wonderful work. It's such a joy to hear about professionals who do what they do with the greatest skill, dedication and love. Congratulations! The home looks stunning, and so do you, Wanda.

Wanda S. Horton - Interior Designer said...

Thank you for sharing such a lovely comment, Lidy! It means so much coming from one of my favorite people! I hope my readers will tune in to your beautiful blog and site. You offer such sound advice and product to help create these dream spaces! XO! - Wanda